Institute of Experimental Medicine CAS, Prague
15. 12. 2021
Institute of Experimental Medicine CAS, v.v.i., (IEM) is the leading institution in the Czech Republic in basic and applied research in regenerative medicine, neuroscience, stem cell research and tissue engineering. IEM cooperates with leading Czech and International research and academic institutions. IEM further develops its activities in the field of biotechnological innovations. The special focus is on technology transfer and cooperation with commercial sphere in the field of regenerative medicine and advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMP), through education and implementation of applied research and development projects. IEM has expertise and technologies that enable realize research projects of basic and applied research in the development of ATMP. IEM is accredited for work with genetically modified organisms (in the first and second risk categories), embryonic stem cells and for the use of experimental animals (mouse, rat, guinea pig). Animal models focus on spinal cord injury, stroke and cerebral ischemia, healing of skin, bone, cartilage and cornea defects, as well as models of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, ALS and aging. Researchers from the Institute are involved in undergraduate and postgraduate student education, and the Institute also provides doctoral degree programs.
- Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Low Temperature and Structure Research, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Bioinova, a.s.
- Centre of Experimental and Clinical Regenerative Medicine
- BIOMIN a.s.
- Vitality Medical & Research Center in the holding of ADONIS Medical Group of Companies
- Petr Vanhara Research Group, Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University
- Hungary: BioTalentum, Ltd. Gödöllő
- Poland: Mossakowski Medical Research Institute Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw
- Slovakia: Institute of Neuroimmunology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava